Leave a Review!
This time Systems Meet Humanity welcomes Marc Mawhinney. He’s a lifelong entrepreneur that helps coaches get more clients without paid advertising, a speaker, a big-name podcaster, and he also runs one of the most ENGAGED groups in the entire Facebook universe. We’re going to talk about “paint-by-numbers” methods, about pulling an insane content-creation schedule, about the systems he swears by, and much more.
HIGHLIGHTS and RESOURCES [episode 2]
- Why Marc uses somewhat of a “paint-by-numbers” system to help his coaching clients
- The unique importance of systems for a coaching business using Tim Hanks’ Castaway and Marc’s own examples.
- How to find the delicate balance between following a known systems and finding the framework that works with your strengths and weaknesses.
- How Marc pulls off his insanely prolific content-creation schedule - a mega-engaged Facebook group, daily emails, Alexa flash briefing, two weekly podcasts, and that’s not even all of it.
- The story of overcoming two business closures and leveraging this energy into building a coaching business, or in Marc’s words how “Coaching business saved my life”,
- The emotional landscape of running a business: the steep climbs - the negative emotions that hinder our progress in business, and the green valleys – feelings that help us grow and keep us motivated and fulfilled.
- A systems Marc swears by, the he’d be completely lost without. If you disagree with him, he wants to challenge you to a fierce debate, because there’s no running a business without it!
- Fantastic examples for how to spark a debate among your audience.
The real "secret" to creating A LOT of quality content - don’t be afraid to open up. Use your life. Don’t try to make yourself look perfect. Don’t fret over not pleasing everyone.- Controversy and debate are great for business. Ideas spring up all around, - in pop culture, movies, clients’ lives. Just don’t be afraid to pick up a few and go with it.
Marc Mawhinney is a lifelong entrepreneur who helps coaches get more
clients (without paid advertising)! He achieves this with his coaching
programs; his podcasts (Natural Born Coaches and The Marc Mawhinney
Show); his Facebook group The Coaching Jungle, and his exclusive print
newsletter – Secret Coach Club.
He's been a speaker at events like Social Media Marketing World, frequently
makes media appearances and contributes for Entrepreneur.com