As you may remember, last time I mentioned creating a repository of small wins. What are these small wins, exactly? And how do you make them work for you?
We are on day 4 of "Mostly Dead to Fairly Functional" series.
Let’s take a closer look.
Small wins usually have to do with somewhat mindless work.
That's because they're, well, small, and don’t require too much mind power.
- For example, sorting through your bills will make you feel highly accomplished.
- If that idea makes you cringe, make a short to-do list. Short! 3-5 entries max.
- Schedule a doctor's appointment.
- Read an article for 15 minutes, then stop.
- Look for cute animal pictures for your next post. (Like these adorable pandas in parts one, two, and three. You're welcome).
The idea is to convince you that you can plan and execute.
See? You've just done it. You have the power.
Go look at baby elephants!
A side note: the idea to look at baby animals to help you write, and to feel productive in general, came from the amazing Maria Granovsky, a writing coach, and all-around brilliant overachiever.
Feel free to let me know what other simple tasks you can use for small wins.
Always love hearing more ideas :).