In this episode we talk about the counter-intuitive way of making things harder - why it's makes things more satisfying, and more importantly, why and when it WORKS.
- 02:30 Using exercise examples-- how problem-solving during climbing engages Marina so much that she doesn’t notice how hard she’s working.
- 06:00 Shanna uses progress as a way to avoid boredom. Talks about rucking as a way of intensely engaging in walking or hiking.
- 09:00 Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and Flow -- why making your work more challenging gets you into flow
- 11:30 This is somewhat like play, but you’re also raising the stakes
- 14:00 Use it as a “Choose-Your-Own-Adventure” -- Even in the challenging straits of business
- 17:00 Shanna’s current challenge: Pulling out all my system-based knowledge out of her brain to share with a VA.